phpAutoIndex is a PHP5-script that was written to quickly and easily share files and texts amongst friends. It is similar to Apache’s autoindex module in that it lists the files of a directory, but it also allows user to upload files and texts.
- There is a basic amount of security involved, restricting access to the shared directory. The files shared should be considered soon-to-be trash, just to be on the safe side.
- The theme is completely configurable.
- Uploaded files can be treated as normal files, or automatically unzipped depending on the theme.
… and this is what the default theme looks like for phpAutoindex. A selected file and the top of the upload & quickpaste forms are visible.
- Unzip to a directory in your htdocs.
- Have a quick look at the index.php file.
phpAutoIndex is GPLv3.
If something doesn’t work or you need help, try emailing me.